A nutty vanilla taste that’s energy loaded, packed with protein, heart healthy fats, and soluble fibre… in other words, nutritious deliciousness! I’d say these Raw Vanilla Bombs sound like nourishment perfection. I also won’t forget to mention this fuel packed recipe is plant based, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free… It just keeps getting better!
The beauty of these energizing bombs is that they’re quick and easy to whip up, and can be enjoyed as basically whatever you want! Have them as a healthy nutritious snack to fuel in between meals, enjoy them as a healthy dessert option, or have them as a nourishing post workout snack. If you’re not a huge breakfast eater, having 1 or 2 of these nutritious bombs in the morning might be your saving grace! They’re versatile, deliciously addicting, nutrient dense, and there for you whenever you need. I kept the ingredients simple in this recipe, everything about these bombs are simply… bomb!
Unravelling the Nutrient Content
Gluten free oats // loaded with soluble fibre to keep us well nourished + full.
Himalayan salt // superior to any salt out there (in my humble opinion), it contains a variety of minerals + trace minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper…
Vanilla plant protein powder // adding protein powder to recipes is an easy way to increase overall daily protein intake.
Hemp hearts // essential fatty acids (omega-3’s + omega 6’s), complete plant protein, vitamin E, trace minerals, phytonutrients…
Chia seeds // essential fatty acids (omega-3’s + omega 6’s), plant protein, fibre, calcium, magnesium…
Coconut oil + coconut shreds // antioxidants, MCT (medium-chain fatty acids, easier to digest), immediate energy as opposed to being stored away, antimicrobial…
Raw almond butter // heart healthy fats, plant protein, vitamin E, minerals, antioxidants…
Raw Vanilla Bombs
Raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free + refined sugar free
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder (I used Garden of Life Organic Raw Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil (add more for desired consistency level, depending on your blender/processor)
- ⅓ cup raw almond butter
- Add all dry ingredients into food processor and process until a flour consistency is achieved.
- Add coconut oil and raw almond butter and continue to blend and process until the mixture has a dough consistency. The mixture will be slightly oily and hold together well, if it’s crumbly then you might need to add a touch of water or a touch more coconut oil. If your mixture is past the point of no return and looks to moist, add more oats.
- Roll doughy mixture into spoon size balls and place them on a plate or in a container. Refrigerate for 20 minutes prior to eating them if you’re planning to enjoy them right away. Keep bombs stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy these bombs and find them as nourishing as I do! If you make them, be sure to leave a comment here or on my Instagram page letting me know what you thought!