Oh my yuuum! Does anyone else love a delicious indulgence? I know I do! Especially when it’s deliciousness comes from the nourishing and healthy ingredients it’s made with… like this fudgy brownie loaf I am about to share with you! Every time I make this chocolatey loaf it get’s eaten up in no time at all. So at least I have warned you…
In comparison to a typical brownie recipe that contains less nutritional ingredients (like refined flour and refined sugar), this nourishing recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and made with nothing but real + whole food ingredients. It’s also easy to prepare, all you need is a whisk and a medium sized bowl. Nothing fancy!
Enjoy a slice of this fudgy loaf warmed up with a cup of herbal tea, or chilled on its own with an ice cold glass of nut milk or kombucha (my fav bubbly)! If you’re feeling fancy you could cut it up into fudgy brownie bits to crumble on top of a delicious smoothie bowl, or your favourite ice cream. I love a coconut or cashew based dairy free ice cream! What makes this brownie nourishing anyways? It’s all in the ingredients! Raw cacao, organic coconut palm sugar (unrefined + natural, delivers a rich caramel flavour), Himalayan salt, coconut oil, whole quality eggs, raw almond butter, and walnuts deliver a ton of nutrition and benefits that provide fibre, protein, healthy fats, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
Nourishing Fudgy Brownie Loaf
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, Nourishing Fudgy Brownie Loaf
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¾ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tbsp raw almond butter
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (non alcoholic)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 3 tbsp raw unsalted crushed walnuts
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil + pre-heat the oven to 350 DF.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together raw cacao powder, organic coconut palm sugar, and Himalayan salt.
- Add in coconut oil + eggs and mix well, then continue to mix in raw almond butter + vanilla extract and whisk it all together until a brownie batter consistency is achieved.
- Once brownie batter consistency is achieved, stir in dark chocolate chips and raw crushed walnuts.
- With a spatula, transfer brownie batter mix into greased loaf pan and place in the oven for baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes (keeping an eye).
- Remove from oven and let the fudgy loaf cool completely prior to cutting/serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Photos by the amazingly talented Kristen of LoveCraft Photography.