Happy Wednesday! I thought I would grace you with some guilt free chocolatey deliciousness. I love the way this recipe I’m about to share with you came about, and I’m sure a few of you can relate as to why. I had an avocado that was getting pretty soft… so I had to act fast… so Chocolacado Cookies came to life! You guys, this recipe is absolutely delicious and effortless. It takes no time at all to whip up this yummy batch of chocolatey goodness. I used my Vitamix for this recipe, however, you can easily use whatever you have in the kitchen to whip this recipe up. I find using a high-speed blender or food processor always quickens things up, and can sometimes be better for consistency purposes. However, it’s not always necessary!
Let’s talk about this recipe a little bit. These cookies are made with nothing but love + real food, plant based ingredients! This recipe is free of dairy, gluten, refined sugar + refined flour (it’s actually flourless) in comparison to a typical cookie recipe that often contains refined ingredients and gluten.
There’s so much deliciousness in each cookie bite, with so little ingredients. All this recipe takes is 6 ingredients, and if you love chocolate this simple recipe will not disappoint! Seriously… so much chocolatey healthy indulgence in each bite.
Each ingredient in this recipe is a nutritious one…
Avocado // Incredibly nutritious! High in fiber + potassium, loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fats, low in sugar.
Unsweetened almond milk // Plant based alternative to dairy, no sugar when unsweetened.
Gluten free rolled oats // High in filling fiber + minerals + vitamins, low glycemic option, source of protein.
Raw cacao // High in vitamins + minerals + antioxidants, adds a rich chocolate flavour to recipes.
Organic pure maple syrup // Alternative plant based natural sweetener, contains minerals + vitamins, a little goes a long way in terms of sweetening things up!
Dark chocolate chips // Because they make every cookie recipe AMAZING… Dark chocolate is also a nutritious + dairy free alternative to regular milk chocolate, and contains a good source of minerals + antioxidants. Always be sure to double check your dark chocolate is in fact dairy free, some contain milk ingredients!
The beauty of these cookies is that they can be enjoyed at breakfast time, as a mid day snack, as a sweet healthy treat, as a pre-workout, or as whatever your heart desires. When using nutritious + real food ingredients, you can’t go wrong on when or how you want to enjoy!
Now, let’s get to the best part of all! The recipe goodness…
Vegan Chocolacado Cookies
Dairy + gluten free, nutrient dense, plant fuelled, high fibre Vegan Chocolacado Cookies
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (add more as needed for consistency)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F + grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- In a high-speed blender, food processor, or simple mixing bowl, mix together almond milk, avocado, gluten free rolled oats, and organic pure maple syrup. Mix until a cookie batter consistency is achieved (not too runny, not too dry). Make sure you don’t over blend, you should still be able to see the oats.
- Add raw cacao and blend some more. Stir in dark chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Transfer spoon sized cookie balls onto prepared cookie sheet. Press them softly to flatten into cookie shapes.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes (keeping an eye). Let cookies cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring them into an airtight container. Keep stored in the fridge for optimal freshness.
Notes– If your consistency is too dry add more nut milk, if it’s too runny add more oats! If you are mixing the recipe by hand, be sure to mash the avocado up good with a fork in a separate bowl prior to mixing it in.
I hope you enjoyed this nutritious cookie recipe post. Be sure to tag your recipe with #thenourishedvibe so I can see your healthy creations if you’re feeling inspired to give this recipe a go!