Say hello to the most delicious cashew butter cookie recipe you’ll ever need. In all seriousness, this is by far my favourite new cookie recipe! It’s perfection. They were gone within 2 days (thanks to the hubby). All this recipe requires is a medium sized mixing bowl, something to mix with, real food ingredients, and about 25 minutes of your time.
For the base, I quickly whisked together organic gluten free spelt flour, organic coconut palm sugar, sea salt, and baking powder in a medium sized mixing bowl. I then added cashew butter, melted coconut oil, and organic pure vanilla extract and lightly beat everything together with my simple 5-speed Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer on low. I use this hand mixer for a lot of my baking! It’s easy to store, light-weight, comes in different colours, simple to use, and simple to clean. I beat the cookie dough mix together until it had a moist and slightly crumbly consistency. If you don’t have a hand mixer, that’s okay, you can mix everything together with whatever you typically use for mixing (just make sure your mixture is moist and slightly crumbly). If your mixture is too crumbly to form into balls, add a tbsp amount of water to moisten it up a bit further. Keep adding tbsp amounts of water as needed.
Lastly, with a spatula I folded in the dairy free dark chocolate chunks then began to form cookie dough balls in my hands, making sure a chocolate chunk was in each one. I also lightly pressed each cookie to flatten them a bit. You could also just roll cookie dough balls in your hands and place them on the cookie sheet then press a dark chocolate chunk into each one of them. It’s totally up to you! You could also use dark chocolate chips in this recipe instead if you desire. Once you have used up all your cookie dough mixture, transfer cookie sheet into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes and BOOM, you’ve got yourself some chocolatey cashew butter cookie perfection!
- Crispy outside and tender chewy inside
- Naturally and perfectly sweet
- Chocolatey chunk goodness
- Packed with healthy fats, plant protein, and fiber
- Nourishing and satisfying
- Simple and easy
- Decadent and delicious
VEGAN CASHEW CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Delicious and indulgent vegan cashew butter cookies with decadent chunks of dairy free dark chocolate. Packed with real food ingredients, fiber, healthy fats, and plant protein, these cookies will leave you and your sweet tooth feeling nourished and satisfied.
- 1½ cups gluten free spelt flour
- 3/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract, non-alcoholic
- 1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chunks, or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together gluten free spelt flour, organic coconut palm sugar, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Using a simple hand mixer, lightly beat in the cashew butter, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until mixture is moist and slightly crumbly.
- With your clean hands, pack together cookie dough balls and place them onto the greased cookie sheet. If you’re using chocolate chunks, make sure there is a chocolate chunk inside of or pressed on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Place cookies in the oven for 15 minutes, keeping an eye. Once cookies are finished baking, let them cool for 10 minutes prior to serving/storing.
- Keep cookies stored in an airtight container up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoy today’s cookie recipe. Be sure to let me know if you give this recipe a try! Leave a comment below or use the hashtag #thenourishedvibe and tag @thenourishedvibe on Instagram or @NourishedVibe on twitter to share your amazing creations so I can see them. Cheers everyone!