I asked, and you responded! A lot of you were rooting for a jade roller blog post, so here it is. I love ancient beauty, It’s so fascinating and intriguing. I think my interest in it stems from my grandma; she loved to make homemade masks and use natural remedies to look and feel her best. I truly believe that we become more beautiful with age, and it’s definitely because of her. She had such beautiful skin and loved to take care of herself, and it showed.
Okay, jade rolling! It’s an amazing skin care regime elevator. Jade is known as a healing gemstone that wards off negative energy. The practice of this ancient beauty technique was traditionally practiced by wealthy Chinese women. Rolling jadestone on your face helps increase your skin’s glow. It increases circulation, improves elasticity, stimulates collagen, evens out complexion, soothes, calms, and helps reduce inflammation + puffiness. Using a jade roller is super simple and super affordable. The cost of this ancient beauty tool can be found between $8 – $12, while some are upwards of $50. I purchased mine for around $12 on amazon, which you can find here, and it works great. I love it!
I keep my roller in the freezer and I like to use it when I wake up in the morning, after I have cleansed my face and have applied a serum or treatment product. I typically use it every other morning, which works out to 4 days a week that I use my jade roller. The cold feeling of jade rolling across the face in the morning not only feels amazing and soothing, but also wakes you up and helps you look less tired. Jade rollers are also great for really massaging and penetrating facial products, like serums, creams, or masks, deeply into the skin. It also helps with the gliding motion of the jade roller.
We have a lot of muscles in our face, and these muscles hold tension which results in things like deep lines and wrinkles. Using the jade roller helps prevent further wrinkling and smooths out the skin.
BENEFITS OF JADE ROLLING:
- Improves skin tone
- Brightens complexion
- Reduces puffiness
- Reduces inflammation
- Stimulates collagen
- Soothes + calms
- Increased blood circulation
- Improves elasticity
- Promotes healing
HOW TO USE A JADE ROLLER:
- Keep your jade roller stored in the freezer (or fridge) at all times, or at least a few hours prior to using it. I just leave mine in the freezer at all times because it keeps things easy and in routine.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Apply a mask, serum, facial oil, or your moisturizer prior to rolling. Use your jade roller over top of your product to help massage it deeper into the skin. Begin jade rolling across your face. I personally love doing my jaw/cheek area where I am prone to hormonal acne, underneath my eyes where puffiness can occur, and across my forehead. It feels so good!
- Begin rolling the different sections of your face. I start at my forehead and move downward to underneath my eyes (use the smaller end of the jade roller around the eye area), along my cheeks, and along my jawline using outward and upward motions 3 times in a row. Move the roller slowly and deeply.
- Once you have finished, follow through with the rest of your skin care regime and voila! Your jade rolling is complete!
Here’s a great Jade Rolling Youtube video to show you how easy it is to use this amazing ancient beauty tool!
OTHER BENEFITS OF JADE ROLLING:
- Headache relief: Put a tiny amount of peppermint oil on your temples and use the small end of the jade roller to lightly roll along your temples.
- Jaw relief: Roll the jade roller along your jawline to help relax your jaw and destress.
- Sinus relief: Roll over your sinus area for relief of sinus pain and pressure.
- Tension relief: Jade rolling helps reduce tension in our facial muscles, helping us relax them.
Have you tried jade rolling? Is this news to you? When I purchased mine on amazon and started using it I became so obsessed with it because of how amazing it made my skin feel, and how it helps reduce inflammation in my face. If you use a jade roller comment below! I want know how much you love it and why or what you use it for. Thank you for stopping by the blog today, and be sure to let me know if you liked this post, and let me know if I should do more 101 blog posts. I love and appreciate your feedback. Happy Monday!