This dish is the perfect one for making on a Sunday afternoon when you’re preparing meals for the week ahead. Cook up some gluten free grains, whip up this delicious vegan curry recipe, store it into containers and BOOM you’ve got yourself a delicious and hearty lunch or dinner option for the next week. Eating healthy is always easiest when we are prepared. Having meals prepped for your week ahead keeps healthy eating affordable, attainable, and simple. It’s so much easier to open the fridge and grab that healthy prepped food you’ve made vs. opening the fridge mindlessly trying to find food, and possibly opting for take out because you aren’t prepared (we’ve all been there).
Enjoy this curry dish as a hearty and nourishing lunch or dinner option. You could throw this dish together on a meal prep/batch cooking day so you have some delicious and healthy food prepped for your week ahead.
VEGAN SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY
A healthy twist on curry that’s dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and delicious! High in heart healthy fats, fiber, and plant protein.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Simply Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1 can Eden Organic Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas), drained/rinsed
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled/chopped/diced (about 3 cups worth)
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups organic baby spinach For serving:
- 1 cup Organic California Gluten free Basmati Rice
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Lime wedges
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add finely chopped onion and Himalayan salt to the pan and cook until the onion is soft (this can take up to 5 minutes).
- Add the ground cumin seed powder, minced garlic, freshly grated ginger, turmeric powder, and chili powder. Saute together until the garlic softens.
- Add the chickpeas, sweet potato, diced tomato, and coconut milk. Stir, cover, and let simmer over medium heat for 25 minutes, or until you can stick a fork through the sweet potato. Stir in the baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve on a bed of gluten free basmati rice, or any gluten free cooked grains of choice. Squeeze a lime wedge overtop of your dish and garnish with fresh cilantro. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Keep any extras stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month for optimal freshness.
Thank you for popping by the blog today, I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Be sure to let me know if you make this hearty curry dish by tagging me on Instagram @thenourishedvibe or on Twitter at @NourishedVibe and use the hashtag #thenourishedvibe so I can see your healthy creations!