Who loves breakfast food? This girl definitely does, especially waffles! I recently purchased a mini lavender Dash waffle maker for a whopping $22.00. It’s so cute and it comes in a few different pretty colours, plus it’s simple to use, clean, store (which is so important when you’re living in a condo), and it does a great job! Today’s recipe is a simple and delicious one. These waffles are versatile and concocted with real food ingredients. I think what I love most about a simple waffle recipe is that you can top it off with whatever you wish and have some fun. Chocolate lover? Fruit lover? Nut butter lover? Savoury lover? You can’t go wrong with whatever toppings you decide to top off these waffles with!
Features: versatile, hint of vanilla, crispy, warming, nutrient dense, hearty, dairy free, vegan friendly, and yummy.
Whip up a batch of Simple Vegan Waffles to serve right away, or to keep stored in the fridge to enjoy during the week as a breakfast option. If you’re storing them in the fridge, be sure to toast them or throw them into the oven to crisp them up!
SIMPLE VEGAN WAFFLES
A quick and easy vegan waffle recipe that will please your breakfast crowd. Made with real food ingredients that deliver a good source of fiber, plant protein, and healthy fats to leave you feeling energized and ready for the day ahead.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup garden of life virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, non alcoholic
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 + 1/2 cups sprouted spelt flour
- 2 scoops garden of life raw organic vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt Topping ideas:
- Pure maple syrup, berry syrup
- Drizzles of melted vegan dark chocolate
- Almond butter, cashew butter
- Fresh berries
- Hemp hearts
- Coconut whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. When you finish each waffle you can place them into the warmed oven to keep them warm and crispy for serving. Turn on your waffle maker.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together almond milk, vanilla extract, ground flax seed, and pure maple syrup. Let it sit for 3 minutes.
- In another larger bowl, whisk together spelt flour, vanilla plant protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt. Slowly pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and mix well. Lastly, mix in melted coconut oil.
- Pour waffle batter into your waffle maker, make sure it is completely covered and filled. Close waffle maker and cook according to your appliances directions.
Thank you for popping by and reading today’s post, have an amazing day!
Photos by @madsthesedays