This one’s for all you lavender lovers, and those of you who are curious about lavender lattes. You don’t need any fancy equipment to make your own lavender latte at home! Its simple, fun, and a unique way to infuse your everyday latte with some herbal love.
Lavender: soothing, uplifting, aids digestion, naturally reduces anxiety, stress, and inflammation.
Features: sweet, aromatic, energizing, calming, delightful, and delicious.
If you’re able to find some culinary lavender, I highly recommend infusing your own homemade syrup. If you don’t already grow it in your garden, it’s easy to get your hands on at most health foods stores. I get my culinary lavender from the local health foods market that’s just down the street from me. Making your own lavender syrup is far from intimidating, it’s actually quite simple and effortless to make, and it can be used in so many ways! It’s the perfect way to amp up your latte (hot or iced) to enjoy on a relaxing morning, or to infuse your cocktails with on an evening of celebrations. Gin is my cocktail drink of choice, I love adding a dash of lavender syrup into club soda with a splash of gin. So good! You can also add lavender syrup into baking recipes, or even lavender infused nice cream. The possibilities are endless!
A delicious herbal infused latte that’s both energizing and calming. Dairy free, plant powered, and delicious.
- 1 tbsp organic lavender syrup (homemade recipe below)
- 1/2 cup organic brewed coffee (or a shot or two of espresso)
- ½ cup steamed/frothed coconut milk, I used Earth’s Own
- Add lavender syrup to a mug and pour in the coffee.
- Add steamed coconut milk and find a comfy space to sip and enjoy!
Note – you can also enjoy as an iced latte, skip steaming the milk and add ice cubes as desired!
SIMPLE LAVENDER SYRUP
A lavender infused syrup that is free from refined sugar and can be used in iced or hot lattes, lemonade mixtures, cocktails, baking, or whatever your heart desires!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp of organic culinary lavender
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, non-alcoholic
- Bring water and lavender to a boil.
- Stir in the organic coconut palm sugar until fully dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep and cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on how intense you want the lavender in your syrup to taste).
- Strain out the lavender and pour into an airtight jar or bottle. Keep stored in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
I hope you enjoy today’s latte recipe! Make sure to let me know if you tried this lavender latte recipe out by tagging me on Instagram @thenourishedvibe using the hashtag #thenourishedvibe so I don’t miss out on your lovely lavender creations!
Good and nourishing vibes only,
Photos by @lovecraftphotography